Wednesday 11 January 2012

On a Mission

While backpacking across Europe in 2009, I was able to explore many of the hotels that the various countries offered. While I am not one that typically breaks the bank to stay at a fine luxury hotel, I had a very special occasion in the next few months that required me to locate a very special location.
I was getting married near the end of December, and we were determined to spend a week in Scotland, my wife's birthplace. The backpacking trip, although a few months in length, was considered to be some sort of untraditional bachelor party. Although there was plenty of times when things did get out of control on the trip, overall, I had a very enjoyable time.


While traveling through Scotland, I began to notice a theme: the hotel chain Short break Scotland were always situated in the most gorgeous settings: overlooking bays, panoramic views of the highlands, and even a particular one that seemed more like a palace than a hotel. Thus, this particular hotel chain had set the bar rather high for many of its competitors, or at least I thought so. Determined that I had found the perfect setting for our vacation, I put the ordeal of locating the perfect hotel out of my mind. Feeling quite proud of my achievement, I recall conversing with a local on the matter, to which he suggested that I look into a renowned Scotland country hotel. Just when I thought my work was finished, I felt obligated to follow up on his recommendation. Browsing the internet at the hostel, I came across their webpage. This was it! The perfect hotel! Although I am sure that we would have been equally happy at a short breaks hotel, there was just something about this particular hotel that was calling my name, and I could not ignore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment