Friday 4 November 2011

Another Satisfied Guest


Have you ever left something behind when you were on a trip overseas? The thought is horrible, I am aware. Yet, it happens to the best of us, or in my case, all the time. Regardless of how frequent this happens to you, it soon becomes apparent that there is little hope of ever recovering your item, or so I thought.
On a recent trip to Scotland to attend a conference, I forgot my bracelet in the hotel room. To be perfectly honest I had no idea that I had even lost it until a small package showed up in my mail box one day. A little perplexed as to where my bracelet had come from, I noticed the return address on the package. It was the address of the Central Glasgow hotel that I had stayed at while attending my conference. I guess they went to great lengths to not only track me down, but to ensure that I received what was rightfully mine. This was absolutely amazing, to me.


In a world full of individuals that will step on the backs of nearly anyone to get ahead, it is comforting to know that there are still some souls out there that have morals. Now, when asked about my trip to Scotland, I can not say enough good things about the Cairngorms hotel and the great lengths they went to to keep me as a satisfied customer. I suppose they are more than making their money back that it cost them to ship me my bracelet, when you consider the people that I have sent their way. I suppose this is that you scratch my back and I will scratch yours philosophy. I am not sure if any other Central Glasgow hotel would have done this for me, and this is why I only suggest the Cairngorms hotel when the opportunity arises. Thank you so much to everyone that put the time and effort into this action. It was greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment