Friday 11 November 2011

Scotland, A Student's Paradise


I will be the first to admit that post-secondary education can be overwhelming at times, especially when you consider the amount of time and money that the individual funnels into studies. Yet, somewhere along the line, we are assured that it is a wise career choice. In contemporary society this idea of career advancement as a result of a post-secondary education does not necessarily hold true. This is not to say that university graduates are less likely to land a better job, but it is more than likely not a result of his studies. Instead, it is a clear demonstration to potential employers of commitment, and time management. While these skills can be learned outside of the classroom, they are pretty much the backbone to any field of study.

School aside, I had a 3 month break to plan. I had spent the past 8 months deep within the library stacks and now it was time to let loose. I was unaware of how I wanted to spend my time off, but I was sure that I wanted to visit Scotland. I had heard great things, and I felt as though I owed it to myself to be pampered. For this reason, and many others I presume, I began to research into my Holiday destination Scotland. I thought about staying at a Edinburgh city centre hotel that my parents frequent, but opted for a Edinburgh city centre hotel that was closer to the sights that I wanted to visit. I am sure that any Holiday destination Scotland hotel will meet your needs, but you also have to pick the one that is convenient.

The trip went amazingly. I most certainly did feel rejuvenated afterwards, leaving me able to conduct another year of study with a level head. I am not sure if I will return to Scotland next summer, as I have a practicum coming up. Yet, you can rest assure, if I ever have the opportunity to go again I most certainly will.

No comments:

Post a Comment