Wednesday 18 January 2012

Rock Climbing Experience

Rock climbing is an experience that everyone should try at least once. As an avid rock climber, my opinion on this subject may be biased, but the benefits that I have received from partaking in such an activity have all been positive.
On a recent stay at a Coylumbridge hotel in Scotland, I had the opportunity to get out and explore some of the unique climbing routes that Scotland had to offer. Although I am not able to go climbing as often as I would like, the routes that we came across were right at my climbing level. Thus, needless to say, I enjoyed my experience very much.

Unlike many other sports that exist, there is not very much competition in climbing. It is just you, your partner, and the rock. I suppose you are constantly competing with yourself, but I hardly feel that that is even comparable with sports such as hockey, basketball, or football. Furthermore, the climbing communities that exist in each city are something that deserves recognition. These dedicated climbers are the ones that are going out, recording new climbs, and even cleaning up many of the areas that campers frequent. You see, they care about nature. They want to preserve it. They want everyone to get out there and enjoy what they enjoy on a frequent basis. Should you be interested in climbing but do not know where to start, approach one of these communities and they will be more than willing to provide you with all the information that you require.

I am currently looking into a couple of Hotels in Perthshire for my next climbing adventure. I have heard that there are some amazing crags out there that do not see much attention. Perhaps I will see you out there. Climb on!

No comments:

Post a Comment